To load background music for photo slideshow, click Load Audio button in Main Button area. A dialog box will show up as below.
Pholody provides 3 options for background music, load from local file, load from web, or no background music.
1. Load from local files
To load a local music file, simply click Load from local file link.
- A music file should be no larger than 8MB.
- iOS does not allow user to load audio from browser. As a result, on iPAD or iPhone you will get a Take Photo or Video dialog instead. In such case, the music can only be loaded from web.
- For best compatibility, we strongly suggest to use *.mp3 files. Other formats may work in your browser but not others'.
2. Load from web
To load an online audio, paste its address in URL field and click Load button. The default address in URL field is a small piece of example for your taste.
- Pholody server does not keep any copy of online music. Make sure the audio resource is publicly accessible if you plan to share your work with others.
- Don't try to paste a URL from YouTube. That won't work. Instead you can use third-party downloader to save its background music as local file, then load it. See this blog for more details.
3. No background music
We always recommend having some music as background. However, if you insist, you can make slideshow without background music. Actually when you start a new project, the default setting is one-minute silent slideshow. You can change its duration in Load Audio dialog box. The maximum supported duration is 10 minutes.
- When duration input box is focused (i.e. ready to get inputs from keyboard), you can use ↑ and ↓ keys to quickly adjust duration.
In Pholody's concept, a slideshow always has equal length with the length of background music. If you want to make a slideshow shorter than the music in your hand, you can trim the music file before loading it. There are many handy tools to do audio trimming. audiotrimmer.com is good, for example.
For any question or advice, please feel free to leave a message here.