Is it possible to use music of YouTube video as background music for my own photo slideshow? The answer is yes, but you need use it in the right way.
You need download the music with 3rd party tools such as ytbmp3.com, and then load it as local audio files for Pholody editor. Here is the full process.
- Copy the URL address of YouTube video.
- Go to ytbmp3.com, paste the address in search box, then click button.
- Wait till the video thumbnail shows up, and click the button aside it (Not the big Download right below search box, see screenshot below).
- Open Pholody editor, click Load Audio button, and select Load from local file.
- Select the file downloaded in step 3, and open it.
Below is a screenshot of the download link.
Even though Pholody has a Load from web option, don’t paste YouTube URLs there. That won’t work. Moreover, don’t try to paste the download link described above in step 3. It is just temporary link, which expires in a few hours. Even though it may work while editing, your slideshow may throw error soon after publishing, because Pholody does not keep any copy of online audio. The audio link needs to be always active to keep slideshow alive.
Once again, the point is download it then load as audio file.
- If you plan to share your photo slideshow publicly, be careful with copyright. You are responsible to make sure there is no copyright infringement on the contents you used.
Finally, if you search “YouTube music download” with Google, you will find many similar free services. Be careful, however. Many of them have annoying pop-up ads, or tricky links that make you mistakenly click ads. Below are some less evil ones.
Please feel free to inform us if you find either of those sites do not work or go evil.